Nominating an educator
Every public school district in Hamilton County, Ohio is eligible to participate in Celebrate Excellence.
Participating districts must submit the name and professional biographic information, resume, and/or nomination forms of their “Educator of the Year” to the Foundation Office by the published deadline. Letters of support are not required.
If a district does not have an established program for determining their Educator of the Year, HCEF can provide a sample nomination form, selection criteria, and other helpful information to facilitate setting up a program.
Characteristics of an excellent educator might include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates a high commitment toward student achievement.
- Has the ability to challenge students at all levels.
- Is seen by others as genuine, authentic, and sincere.
- Is a caring, thoughtful person who extends himself/herself to make a positive difference.
- Shows understanding of others – peers, parents, children, community, etc.
- Continues to improve personally and professionally.
- Other positive characteristics that may be motivational, supportive, ethusiastic, creative, etc.
Nominations forms are sent to district Superintendents just after the first of the year. If your district did not receive a nomination form, please contact Tracy Mielke at 513-674-4251.