Every public school district in Hamilton County, Ohio is eligible to participate in “Celebrate Excellence”. Participating districts submit the name and information about their Educator of the Year to the Foundation office by the published deadline.
If a district does not have an established program for determining their Educator of the Year, HCEF can provide a sample nomination form, selection criteria and other helpful information to facilitate setting up a program.
Characteristics of an excellent educator might include, but are not limited to the following:
• Demonstrates a high commitment toward student achievement.
• Has the ability to challenge students at all levels.
• Is seen by others as genuine, authentic, and sincere.
• Is a caring, thoughtful person who extends him or herself to make a positive difference.
• Shows understanding of others – parents, children, etc.
• Continues to improve personally and professionally.
• Other positive characteristics that may be motivational, supportive, enthusiastic, creative, etc.
The 2013 “Celebrate Excellence” educator nomination form will be available in January 2013.