“Celebrate Excellence” 2015 is Friday, May 15!
Enhancing the lives of educators through the provision of scholarships and recognition of their service to the students in our community.
Hamilton County Education Foundation’s goal for “Celebrate Excellence” transcends its purpose as the main fundraising event for the scholarship fund. It is an opportunity to publicly honor the dedicated individuals who daily serve as parent, pastor, friend, advisor, protector, confidant, and teacher to the children in Hamilton County’s public schools. Each district in the County is invited to submit their own top educator, which includes not only classroom teachers, but all certificated personnel. Past honorees have included special education administrators, music directors, principals, intervention specialists, guidance counselors, as well as classroom teachers.
The event, a sit-down breakfast at the Sharonville Convention Center, is unique in that it brings K-12 education, university, business and civic leaders together to pay tribute to this impressive group. Including the 2013 honorees, 149 educators have been recognized at “Celebrate Excellence.” Since the inaugural “Celebrate Excellence” in 2007, former Cincinnati Bengal and member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame Anthony Munoz has served as Master of Ceremonies. An education advocate with his own foundation, Mr. Munoz has been joined by an impressive list of keynote speakers –all thought-leaders in education:
- 2007 – Sharon Draper, Award-winning author and 1997 National Teacher of the Year
- 2008 – Nancy Zimpher, President, University of Cincinnati
- 2009 – Marilyn Troyer, Senior Associate Superintendent for Educational Programs, Ohio Department of Education
- 2010 – Jim Mahoney, Executive Director, Battelle for Kids
- 2011 – Anthony Munoz, President, The Anthony Munoz Foundation
- 2012 – Krista Ramsey, Columnist & Editorial Board, Cincinnati Enquirer
- 2013 – D. Mark Meyers, PhD, Dean of the College of Social Sciences, Health & Education, Xavier University
- 2014 – Clyde Gray, WCPO “9 On Your Side” award-winning news anchor/reporter
“Celebrate Excellence” is held at the Sharonville Convention Center on a Friday morning in May. Each educator is accompanied by their superintendent and a guest. Many are also joined by members of their board, fellow staff, students and even their former teachers! They are individually introduced to the audience and presented with a plaque by Mr. Munoz.
The leadership of the Hamilton County Education Foundation believes that through the provision of more scholarships to K-12 educators to complete their masters, as well as recognizing the achievements of local educators through “Celebrate Excellence,” more outstanding educators will choose to serve the children and communities of Southwest Ohio.
To see the “Celebrate Excellence” video, visit our Media page.