SAVE the DATE!!
The 11th Celebrate Excellence is Friday, May 12, 2017.
Enhancing the lives of educators through the provision of scholarships and recognition of their service to the students in our community.
Hamilton County Education Foundation’s goal for “Celebrate Excellence” transcends its purpose as the main fundraising event for the scholarship fund. It is an opportunity to publicly honor the dedicated individuals who daily serve as parent, pastor, friend, adviser, protector, confidant, and teacher to the children in Hamilton County’s public schools. Each district in the County is invited to submit their own top educator, which includes not only classroom teachers, but all certificated personnel.
Past honorees have included special education teachers, music directors, principals, intervention specialists, guidance counselors and classroom teachers.
The event, a sit-down breakfast at the Sharonville Convention Center, is unique in that it brings K-12 education, university, business and civic leaders together to pay tribute to this impressive group. Including the twenty-five 2016 honorees, 223 educators have been recognized at “Celebrate Excellence.” Since the inaugural event in 2007, former Cincinnati Bengal and member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame Anthony Munoz has served as Master of Ceremonies, except in 2016, when award-winning news anchor Clyde Gray filled in for him. The list of keynote speakers over the past ten years is impressive – all of them thought-leaders in education:
- 2007 – Sharon Draper, Award-winning author and 1997 National Teacher of the Year
- 2008 – Nancy Zimpher, President, University of Cincinnati
- 2009 – Marilyn Troyer, Senior Associate Superintendent for Educational Programs, Ohio Department of Education
- 2010 – Jim Mahoney, Executive Director, Battelle for Kids
- 2011 – Anthony Munoz, President, The Anthony Munoz Foundation
- 2012 – Krista Ramsey, Columnist & Editorial Board, Cincinnati Enquirer
- 2013 – D. Mark Meyers, PhD, Dean of the College of Social Sciences, Health & Education, Xavier University
- 2014 – Clyde Gray, WCPO “9 On Your Side” award-winning news anchor/reporter
- 2015 – O’dell Owens, President, Cincinnati State
- 2016 – Kathy Nimmer, Indiana Teacher of the Year 2016
“Celebrate Excellence” is held in the ballroom at the Sharonville Convention Centeron a Friday morning in May. Each educator is accompanied by their superintendent and a guest. Many are also joined by members of their board, fellow staff, students and even their former teachers! They are individually introduced to the audience and presented with a plaque by the emcee.
The leadership of the Hamilton County Education Foundation believes that through the provision of more scholarships to K-12 educators to complete their masters, as well as recognizing the achievements of local educators through “Celebrate Excellence,” more outstanding educators will choose to serve the children and communities of Southwest Ohio.
To see the “Celebrate Excellence” video, visit our Media page.